Adam Lawlor - Principal BCA
Sherry Xue - School Liaison Officer
Sophia Zhao - School Counselor
School and Community
- NFLS British Columbia Academy (BCA) began in 2002 (formerly named Nanjing Grand Canadian Academy) and has successfully completed 17 years of secondary education as a Canadian offshore high school in China. The school has been accredited by Canada's British Columbia Ministry of Education and by the Jiangsu Ministry of Education for 17 years. Our BC Ministry of Education school code is: 10396847.
- We concentrate both on academic knowledge, as well as on values and leadership. We offer an education that includes social development and citizenship. BCA goes to great efforts to blend the traditional values of a Chinese education system with the values and methods of a Canadian education.
Enrollment and Academic Program
- Admission is based upon examination, recommendation and solid academic performance.
- BCA offers the British Columbia Curriculum that requires a minimum of 80 credits to graduate. BCA students graduate with a minimum of 100 credits. Those who meet graduation requirements receive a BC Dogwood Diploma.
- All BCA classes are taught in English by BC certified teachers and the school uses an “English Only” policy in classrooms.
- English classes are taught to the rigorous standards of British Columbia Curriculum. We do not offer Communication classes. All of our students take the highest level of English offered in each grade level. Assessment is done by classroom teachers.
- BCA is a certified AP center and currently offers four AP courses. Our CEEB Code is 694214.
BC External Assessments
The Numeracy & Literacy 10 assessments are used to measure the extent to which students are literate and numerate and to provide students with information about their proficiency. Both are scored on a 4-level proficiency scale (1=Emerging; 2=Developing; 3=Proficient; 4=Extending).
Transcripts and Grading
- Our transcripts are printed on secure paper and require a raised stamp and signature from our BCA administration in order to be considered official.
- Marks are based on the BC system of 0-100%. BCA does not rank its students, nor at this point are GPAs created.
- The BC grading system of 0-100% is used as follows:
Universities Attended by BCA Graduates (2012-2021)
Last modified: Tuesday, 1 March 2022, 8:40 AM